About the Center
Center for ICT for Development (CICTD) at IMPRI strives to harness the virtues of Information and communication technology for rigorous research, which would strengthen and inform the wider understanding of the processes of human and societal development.
The Center would undertake studies and projects and curate programs to harness the enormous potential of ICT and its education to understand and assess the critical development challenges including food, water, healthcare, poverty, employment, etc.
The mandate of the Center is to produce cutting-edge and high-quality research by organizing and engaging in discussions and debates with experts to enable a convergence of the utility of ICT for wider social impact and alleviation of human suffering.
It seeks to go beyond the stereotype that it is only science, engineering and technology that is the answer to improving the lives of the people and engage in the realm of nexus between the arts, humanities and social sciences with technocratic approaches. This would be very helpful in innovating novel methodologies and interdisciplinary analysis ultimately benefitting the people at large.
- All Posts
- Generation Alpha Data Centre
- Center for Work and Welfare
- Center for Habitat, Urban and Regional Studies
- Gender Impact Studies Center
- Center for International Relations and Strategic Studies
- Center for Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Development
- Center for ICT for Development
- South Asia Studies Center
- Center for Human Dignity and Development
- Center for the Study for Finance and Economics
- Special Initiatives
The manufacturing value-add in computers would be a tiny fraction of the value added in services compromised by restricted IT…
While the G20 has looked at cybersecurity issues from the digital economy viewpoint, cybersecurity and its linkages to law enforcement…
End of Content.