Data Analytics for Policy Research – Cohort 2
Data Analytics for Policy Research – Cohort 2 | An Online International Pre-Winter School Program | A One-Month Immersive Online Hands-On Certificate Training Course | November 2023 | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning
An Online International Pre-Winter School Program
A One-month Immersive Online Hands-On Certificate Training Course on
Data Analytics for Policy Research – Cohort 2
Details of the #WebPolicyLearning:
Dates: November 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2023
Four Consecutive Saturdays
Time: 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. IST
Course Fee: ₹ 10000 (inclusive of GST)
Early Bird Discounted Fee (Till October 4):
For Professionals: INR 7000 | For Students: INR 5500
Additionally, Bulk Discounts can be availed for groups of more than 5 participants
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/8Hh9rwHpZmRtmBRr9
Payment of Course Fee: https://pages.razorpay.com/impricoursefee
Alternatively, can use any payment method from here:
NOTE: Please don’t proceed to pay without filling out the registration form given above.
Limited Scholarships are Available to select deserving candidates.
For queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the second cohort of our online course on Data Analytics for Policy Research! Building on the success of our inaugural cohort, we are excited to offer this comprehensive program once again to equip policymakers, researchers, and data enthusiasts with cutting-edge analytical skills. In this course, we go beyond theory and provide hands-on training in data analytics techniques, empowering participants to derive meaningful insights from complex datasets. Our experienced instructors will guide you through various data analysis methods, data visualization techniques, and statistical tools commonly used in policy research.
Whether you work in government, academia, or the non-profit sector, this course will enable you to harness the power of data to inform evidence-based policy decisions and address real-world challenges effectively. Join a vibrant community of learners, engage in collaborative discussions, and expand your network in the field of policy research and data analytics. As we continue to grow our cohort, we encourage you to make the most of this opportunity to learn and exchange ideas with like-minded professionals.
Don’t miss out on this enriching experience! Enroll now and unlock the potential of data analytics for transformative policy research. For more information about the course and to access event details, please visit our event link: [Cohort 1 Event Link] (https://www.impriindia.com/event/data-analytics-policy-research/). We look forward to having you on board for Cohort 2!
This timely course is for everyone who has a keen interest in data and coming-of-age policymaking. This course would benefit working professionals, researchers, teaching faculty, civil society members, activists, interested learners, and post-graduate and undergraduate students. This program is designed for professionals and practitioners who are actively engaged in the field of policy research and analysis, and who recognize the growing importance of data-driven insights in shaping effective policies. It is ideal for:
- Policy Analysts and Researchers: If you work in think tanks, research institutions, or government agencies and are responsible for analyzing complex policy issues, this program will provide you with the technical skills to extract meaningful insights from data, enabling you to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Government Officials: If you are involved in policy formulation, implementation, or evaluation within government bodies, this program will equip you with the tools to leverage data analytics for evidence-based policymaking, ultimately leading to more impactful outcomes.
- Nonprofit and Advocacy Professionals: For those working in nonprofit organizations, NGOs, or advocacy groups, understanding how to utilize data to support your cause is crucial. This program will empower you to back your initiatives with compelling data-driven narratives and strategies.
- Urban Planners and Development Practitioners: If your work focuses on urban development, community planning, or sustainable growth, this program can help you analyze demographic, economic, and social data to create more inclusive and effective urban policies.
- Economists and Social Scientists: Professionals from economics, sociology, and related fields will find value in this program by expanding their skillset to encompass data analytics, enhancing the depth and accuracy of their research and policy recommendations.
- Academics and Students: Researchers and students in fields related to public policy, social sciences, economics, and data science can benefit from learning how to apply data analytics techniques in a policy research context, enriching their academic pursuits and future career prospects.
This program is suited for individuals at various stages of their careers, from entry-level researchers to seasoned policymakers. Whether you’re seeking to enhance your current skills or transition into a role that involves data-driven policy analysis, this program will provide you with the knowledge and practical experience needed to excel in the rapidly evolving landscape of policy research and analytics.
Benefits of taking the Course
- Enhanced Analytical Skills: Gain the ability to critically analyze complex datasets, extract meaningful insights, and draw evidence-based conclusions, enabling you to make informed policy recommendations and decisions.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Acquire the skills to transform raw data into actionable insights, empowering you to contribute to policy decisions that are grounded in empirical evidence, leading to more effective outcomes.
- Improved Policy Design: Learn how to identify patterns, trends, and correlations within data, allowing you to design policies that address key issues and challenges with precision and relevance.
- Informed Advocacy: Equip yourself with the tools to advocate for your cause with data-driven narratives, bolstering the impact of your advocacy efforts and attracting stakeholders’ attention and support.
- Career Advancement: Stand out in your field by adding data analytics expertise to your skillset, increasing your employability and opening doors to roles that require a strong foundation in policy research and data analysis.
- Cross-Disciplinary Proficiency: Develop skills that transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries, enabling you to collaborate effectively with professionals from various fields, fostering holistic and comprehensive policy solutions.
- Practical Application: Engage in hands-on exercises and real-world case studies, ensuring that the skills you acquire are immediately applicable to your policy research projects and daily tasks.
- Data Visualization Mastery: Learn to create compelling visualizations that effectively communicate complex findings to both technical and non-technical audiences, enhancing the accessibility and impact of your research.
- Evidence-Based Communication: Enhance your ability to communicate complex data findings in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner, enabling you to engage stakeholders and decision-makers effectively.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with fellow professionals, policy analysts, researchers, and experts in the field, expanding your professional network and gaining insights from diverse perspectives.
- Adaptability in a Digital World: In an increasingly data-centric world, the skills acquired in this course will help you adapt to evolving technological landscapes and stay relevant in your career.
- Contribution to Societal Progress: By mastering data analytics for policy research, you can contribute to the development of well-informed policies that address pressing societal challenges and drive positive change.
Enrolling in this course will not only empower you with the practical skills needed to excel in data-driven policy research but also position you as a key player in shaping the future of policy formulation and decision-making processes.
• Learn from globally and nationally renowned thematic experts and practitioners
• Gain first-hand insights and networking opportunities
• Get course outline and reading list from the experts for learning
• Get access to session videos for 15 days
• Receive a certificate of completion
• Have the opportunity to publish their essays on the IMPRI Insights Blog, which features the articles of eminent people from around the globe.
Upon successful completion of the program, each participant will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Prof Nilanjan Banik, Professor and Program Director (BA, Economics and Finance), Mahindra University, Hyderabad; Visiting Consultant, IMPRI
Dr Soumyadip Chattopadhyay, Associate Professor, Economics, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan; Visiting Senior Fellow, IMPRI
Prof Vibhuti Patel, Visiting Distinguished Professor, IMPRI; Vice-President, Indian Association of Women Studies; Former Professor of Economics, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
Dr Amar Jesani, Independent Researcher and Teacher (Bioethics and Public Health); Editor, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics
Dr Arjun Kumar, Director, IMPRI
Hands-on Data Learning Sessions:
Expert: Prof Nilanjan Banik
1. Probability distributions: Density and Cumulative (EXCEL-based Session)
How to draw these functions; What we can infer from the shape; Real world application, for instance, Income Distribution Function, Dependent versus Independent Variable; Concept of Correlation and Multiple Regression; T and F-Statistics
2. Introduction of ANOVA (EXCEL-based Session)
Deriving Sum of Squares: Total, Explained and Residual; Minimum Sum of Squares; Hypothesis Testing; One tail and Two tail test with Data; Interpreting Statistical Significance; P-Value and Critical Value
3. Interpretation of Model (this Session will be using EVIEWS)
Introducing EVIEWS; Loading data in EVIEWS and running Regression; Interpreting the results; Deviation from the Classical Linear Regression Function; Check for Autocorrelation, Multicollinearity, and Heteroscedasticity
4. Dummy Variable (this Session will be using EVIEWS)
Interpreting Dummy Variable; Application of Dummy Variable; Capturing Structural Break in a Data Generating Process; Multiple Dummy Variables; Interpretation
Expert: Prof Soumyadip Chattopadhyay
1. Regression with Time Series Analysis & Forecasting: A Primer (this Session will be using EVIEWS)
2. Regression Analysis with Qualitative variables – Categorical Dependent Variable Regression (including Logit and Probit Model) (this Session will be using EVIEWS)
Note: For hands-on practice, example datasets will be provided during the sessions for learning.
Data Discourses: Expert Sessions:
Data Discourses – Data Deluge & Public Policy: Promises & Perils (Dr Soumyadip Chattopadhyay)
Research Ethics in Primary Data Collection and Analysis (Dr Amar Jesani) (TBC)
Gender Mainstreaming of Data, Monitoring and Evaluation (Prof Vibhuti Patel) (TBC)
The Statistical System in India and an Introduction to Various Official and Other Databases (Dr Arjun Kumar)
How to Carry out an Empirical Project: A Step-by-Step Approach (Dr Soumyadip Chattopadhyay)
Dr Simi Mehta, CEO & Editorial Director, IMPRI
Dr Arjun Kumar, Director, IMPRI
Prof Nalin Bharti, Visiting Professor, IMPRI
Prof Gummadi Sridevi, Visiting Professor, IMPRI
Dr Devender Singh, Visiting Senior Fellow, IMPRI
Previous similar programs:
Data, Monitoring and Evaluation | June-July 2023
Data Analytics for Policy Research | October-November 2022
Exploratory Data Analysis with Categorical Variables Regression Models: Dummy Variables and Logit/Probit using Eviews | December 2022
Registration Deadline Time - 12:00 AM