Law and Public Policy Qualitative Action Research Fieldwork Program- Cohort 2.0
Law and Public Policy Qualitative Action Research Fieldwork Program- Cohort 2.0| An Online National Winter School Program | A Four-Month Online Immersive Qualitative Action Research Fieldwork Certificate Training Program | December 2023 – April 2024 | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning
An Online National Winter School Program
A Four-Month Online Immersive Qualitative Action Research Fieldwork Certificate Training Program
Law and Public Policy Qualitative Action Research Fieldwork Program– Cohort 2.0
Details of the #WebPolicyLearning:
Dates: 16 December 2023 – 20 April 2024
(Dec 16, 23, Jan 6, 13, 27, Feb 10, 24, Mar 9, 23, Apr 6, 20, 2024)
Classes and Meetings on selected Saturdays (For details please see the schedule below)
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. IST
Course Fee: INR 36,000 (inclusive of GST @ 18%)
Fees can be paid in two installments
Limited Scholarship available. Write to: email@example.com
Program seats: 20
How to Apply
As we have limited seats, the program selection process comprises of:
STAGE 1: Application Form
Share your academic and professional history and your research interest, followed by 4 questions to understand your motivation for applying to our program.
STAGE 2: Assessment
Our team will review your application. Selected candidates will be contacted via email or phone.
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/trpW3bxbo8nekr4p6
Payment Link: https://pages.razorpay.com/impricoursefee
Alternatively, can use any payment method from here:
NOTE: Please don’t proceed to pay without filling out the registration form given above. For queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPRI Impact and Policy Research Institute, New Delhi, continuing with its dynamism, is proud to welcome you to the second cohort of our immersive “Law, Public Policy, Action Research & Field Work- Cohort 2.0” course! Building on the success of the first cohort (https://www.impriindia.com/event/law-public-policy-action-research-field-work/), we are delighted to offer this comprehensive program once again to equip aspiring policymakers, researchers, and legal enthusiasts with valuable skills and knowledge.
This course provides a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in conducting action research and fieldwork in the intersection of law and public policy. Through a combination of engaging lectures, interactive workshops, and practical exercises, you will develop a deep understanding of the role of law in shaping public policy and its impact on diverse societal issues.
Led by esteemed experts and practitioners in the field, the second cohort offers an enriched learning experience with updated case studies and emerging trends in the legal and policy landscape. You will have the chance to collaborate with fellow participants, fostering a supportive network that extends beyond the course.
Throughout the program, you will be encouraged to apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios, enabling you to develop practical solutions to complex policy challenges. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with the skills to make a meaningful impact through evidence-based policy research and implementation. It would equip the participants with the skills and knowledge required to conduct meaningful action research. Eminent experts will train the participants to conduct qualitative research and fieldwork.
The participants will be able to learn from globally and nationally renowned thematic experts and practitioners. They will gain first-hand training in Qualitative Research Methods, Research Tool Preparation such as Interviews, Focus Group Discussion (FGD), Key Informant Interviews (KII) using a semi-structured questionnaire, understanding Tool Testing methods, Stakeholder Mapping (for an in-person or telephonic interview), conduction of Fieldwork, Research Writing and Reporting. Participants will immerse themselves in the intricacies of literature review, honing their skills and engaging in valuable discussions with esteemed experts in the field.
Participants will be expected to conduct fieldwork in their respective cities, towns, or villages where they will be based at that time and required to submit the report of the same by the end of the program.
We invite you to join us on this transformative journey of learning and exploration. Enroll now for the second cohort of “Law, Public Policy, Action Research & Field Work- Cohort 2.0” and be a part of a vibrant community committed to driving positive change through law and policy. [Cohort 1 Event Link] https://www.impriindia.com/event/law-public-policy-action-research-field-work/). We look forward to having you on board for Cohort 2!
Note: The program has limited seats of 2o, and further can be increased based on the number of applications submitted.
This program is intended for Public Policy Enthusiasts, Early Career Professionals, Research Scholars, Civil Society Activists, Social Entrepreneurs, and Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students.
- Learn from globally and nationally renowned thematic experts and practitioners.
- Gain from first-hand training on Qualitative Research Methods, Tool Preparation and Testing, Stakeholder Mapping, Fieldwork, Research Writing and Reporting.
- Receive an especially-designed course outline and reading list from the experts.
- Get access to session videos for 15 days. We promote flexible learning at your pace and place, and strict attendance is not the mandatory criterion.
- Participants can take the course without hampering their work life. Each participant will be placed under a supervisor who is a senior faculty or fellow for continuous guidance and knowledge.
- An E-Certificate of Completion of the Fellowship on successfully completing the program.
- An Opportunity to publish your report on the IMPRI Insights Blog, which features articles from eminent people from around the globe.
Upon successful completion of the program, each participant will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Program Details & Schedule
This program offers participants the unique opportunity to delve into diverse topics. Participants can choose topics from a varied area of international/national/local human rights, laws and policies, foreign policies such as human rights, constitutional laws, foreign policies, marginalised communities’ rights, gender justice, environmental rights, disability rights, or any other such policy and law related issue.
Topics with a focus on policy and schemes are encouraged. Some suggested thematic areas may include, but are not limited to:
● Digital Divide: Challenges and Responses by State Governments
● Budgeting by the Local Self Government Bodies for Disaster Management
● Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure in Public and Private Health Care Services
● Public-Private Partnerships in the Health System
● Implementation of the PCPNDT Act in Urban India
● Child Labour in the Post-Pandemic Period
● Evaluation of Skill India Mission
● Challenges Faced by Start-Ups
● Challenges Faced by Women Workers in the Coal Mining Industry: A Case Study of Dhanbad Coal Mines
● Curbing Plastic Pollution in the City with a special reference to Urban Commons and Monsoon Season: A Case Study of Sector 3 Neighbourhood in Navi Mumbai
● A Status of Pension Provisioning for the Elderly in Slum and Informal Neighborhoods with a Special Focus on Access, Adequacy and Emerging Needs: A Case Study of Shrinagar Colony in Chennai
● Understanding Gender-based Violence in the Context of Dowry-related Cases with a Special Focus on Remedies: A Case Study of Dehradun, Uttarakhand
● Assessing the Impact of Ujjwala Yojana and Improvements in Clean Fuel for Household Cooking: A Case Study of Siliguri
● Opportunities and Challenges Towards Access to Finance for Self-Employment with Special Reference to PM Mudra Yojana: A Case Study of Bengaluru
● Feminist Qualitative Action Research
Embark on a transformative journey with the LPPYF Qualitative Action Research Program that is designed to provide an immersive and interactive research experience for all participants.
1.Pre-Program Insight: Prior to the program’s commencement, participants will receive video sessions introducing them to the key concepts of qualitative action research. This preliminary exposure aims to acquaint participants with the content covered in the program.
To enhance practical learning, participants will engage in a fieldwork experience as a compulsory parameter of evaluation. IMPRI will provide a letter of support to participants for conducting their fieldwork, further strengthening their research skills and understanding. The research team at IMPRI will assist the participants throughout the course of the program.
Month 1 : Orientation, Qualitative Research Methods class, Research Tools preparation & Testing, Stakeholder Mapping
Month 2: Pilot & Fieldwork, Research Writing & Reporting Class
Month 3: Fieldwork & Reporting
Month 4: Reporting, Analyses & Report Submission
Report Review & Completion
During the initial week, various research aspects will be discussed through lectures, ensuring participants have a comprehensive understanding of research methodologies. Topics will be finalized, providing you with ample time to embark on your research journey.
2. Coordinated Learning and Guidance: To ensure a meaningful and fruitful research experience, each participant will be placed under the guidance of dedicated senior faculties and fellows who will be their mentors. Our mentors are seasoned researchers and experts in their respective fields, ready to offer unwavering support and constructive feedback. They will assist you in developing a deeper understanding of your chosen research topic and refining your research objectives.
3.Focus on Interaction: Our Qualitative Action Research Program will be conducted through interactive Zoom meetings. Through these sessions, participants will have the unique opportunity to engage in lively discussions, share ideas, clear doubts, seek guidance and refine their research objectives with experts. Throughout the program, the emphasis will be on research work, interaction classes, and engagement with mentors. With 2-3 lectures each week, you will have the opportunity to delve deep into topics with experts including bureaucrats, activists, advocates, and others who have a proven track record of impactful work at the ground level.
4.Fieldwork and Publication Opportunities: To enhance practical learning, participants will engage in a fieldwork experience as a compulsory parameter of evaluation. IMPRI will provide a letter of support to participants for conducting their fieldwork, further strengthening their research skills and understanding. The research team at IMPRI will assist participants throughout the program.
In addition, selected participants will be assisted in getting their reports published on IMPRI Insights and other renowned newspapers, magazines, and journals. Each submitted report will be evaluated for quality and checked for plagiarism; therefore, participants are required to produce an original report. The fieldwork at the end of the program will be a compulsory parameter of evaluation.
Seize this opportunity to contribute to research and make a lasting impact. Enroll today and be part of the LPPYF Qualitative Action Research Program!
ResearchForChange #LPPYFWinter23 #IMPRIResearch
- Participants will also have to take pictures, make small video clips of their field research, and share them with the IMPRI team.
- The participants will conduct fieldwork at their own expense. The fee does not cover the fieldwork expenses, it covers administration, assistance and supervisor’s guidance.
- The fee is non-refundable.
- Ethics in Research: Fieldwork & Action Research
- Field Work & Qualitative Research Methods & Questionnaire
(Topic Selection and finalization)
- Fieldwork Method Meeting Interaction, Research Team
- Qualitative Research and Reporting
(Allotment of Supervisor)
- Report Writing & Editorial Guidance
Interactive Discussion Session
- Interactive Discussion Session: Fieldwork Update
(Allotment of Letter of Support for Fieldwork)
- Valedictory and certificate
Additionally, more sessions will be announced for the assistance in fieldwork and other research inputs.
Chair & Course Director
Chair: Prof Vibhuti Patel, Visiting Distinguished Professor, IMPRI
Lead Advisor/ Supervisor
Adv Dr Shalu Nigam, Visiting Senior Fellow IMPRI; Advocate, Author, and Researcher, Gender and Human Rights
Expert list coming soon!
Dr Simi Mehta, CEO & Editorial Director, IMPRI
Dr Arjun Kumar, Director, IMPRI
Vithita Jha, Visiting Researcher & Assistant Editor
Vaishali Singh, Research Program & Editorial Associate (Visiting)
Samridhhi Sharma, Visiting Researcher & Assistant Editor
Upcoming and Previous IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning Events: See here
Fundamentals of PUBLIC POLICY | March 2023 | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning
Law and Public Policy Action Research Fieldwork Program | July-August 2023 | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning
Careers in Public Policy | August 2023 | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning
You might like IMPRI #WebPolicyTalk Series –
The State of Governance – #PublicPolicy | YouTube Channel & Playlists
IMPRI’s 3rd Annual Series of Thematic Deliberations and Analysis of Union Budget 2023-24 | February 2023 | IMPRI #WebPolicyTalk
Registration Deadline Time - 12:00 AM