YWLPPF Young Women Leaders in Public Policy Fellowship
YWLPPF Young Women Leaders in Public Policy Fellowship | An Online National Winter School Program | A Two-Month Online Immersive Introductory Leadership Certificate Training Fellowship Program | January – March 2024 | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning
An Online National Winter School Program
A Two Month Online Immersive Introductory Leadership Certificate Training Fellowship Program
YWLPPF Young Women Leaders in Public Policy Fellowship
Learn from the Leading Women Expert in the Field!
Details of the #WebPolicyLearning
Dates: January 6 – March 8, 2024
Consecutive Saturdays culminating on March 8th – International Women’s Day
Time: 3 – 5 p.m. IST
Course Fee: INR 8300 (inclusive of GST)
Limited Seats are available for scholarships. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/qjxhgW8Sw4qGq87U9
Payment Link: https://pages.razorpay.com/impricoursefee
NOTE: Please don’t proceed to pay without filling out the registration form given above. For queries, write to: email@example.com
In recent years, the global landscape of leadership has witnessed remarkable transformations as women have broken barriers and stepped into positions of influence across various sectors. However, gender disparities persist in leadership roles. According to the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2021, women occupy only 26.1% of parliamentary seats globally and hold just 23% of ministerial positions. This stark imbalance underscores the need for more concerted efforts to bridge the gap. Studies and experiences from around the world consistently demonstrate that women’s presence in leadership positions contributes to better decision-making, more inclusive policies, and improved outcomes for societies.
Women often bring unique perspectives, empathy, and collaborative approaches to the table, leading to well-rounded solutions that benefit diverse populations.India, with its diverse cultural fabric and complex societal dynamics, has seen a growing emphasis on women’s participation in leadership roles. The reservation of one-third of elected seats for women in the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) has provided over 10 lakh women the opportunity to actively engage in local governance. This significant initiative has not only amplified women’s voices but also catalyzed positive developmental outcomes at the grassroots level.
Despite these advancements, women in leadership roles still face challenges rooted in societal biases, unequal opportunities, and cultural norms. In many cases, the so-called “glass ceiling” limits their upward mobility. In India, while the one-third reservation has led to increased women’s representation, some instances still reveal tokenism, where actual decision-making authority remains with male counterparts.
The importance of women in leadership roles cannot be overstated. Their perspectives, skills, and leadership qualities contribute to more inclusive and equitable societies. As exemplified by global leaders and India’s progress, women in leadership can drive positive change, fostering collaboration and innovative problem-solving. To harness this potential fully, societies must address systemic barriers and actively promote gender equality from local governance to international institutions. Empowering women in leadership positions isn’t just a matter of fairness; it’s a strategic move towards a brighter, more equitable future for all.
The IMPRI Impact and Policy Research Institute is excited to announce its upcoming online program focused on fostering the development of young women leaders in public policy. The ten weeks/ 10 days fellowship program offers aspiring women leaders with a platform to engage in meaningful discussions, share insights/knowledge, and connect with experts and peers from the field of public policy. One of the program’s highlights is its culmination on International Women’s Day, March 8th. To ensure a comprehensive learning experience, participants are required to submit mandatory essays on relevant policy topics and present their findings. This combination of theoretical learning, practical application, and networking opportunities will empower young women to become effective leaders in shaping developmental efforts for a more inclusive and equitable society.
This program caters to a diverse range of individuals, providing them with specialized insights and skills to contribute meaningfully to the advancement of gender-sensitive policies and leadership.
- Aspiring Elected Women Representatives
- Dedicated Researchers
- Students and Educators in Social Science Departments and Women’s Studies Centers
- Engaged NGOs, CBOs, CSOs
- Media Professionals and Journalists
- Working professionals
- Enhanced Knowledge: The program provides a unique opportunity to gain in-depth insights into various aspects of public policy, fostering a deeper understanding of complex issues.
- Skill Development: Participants will acquire practical skills such as policy analysis, critical thinking, and effective communication, enhancing their capabilities as future leaders.
- Networking Opportunities: Engaging with experts, peers, and professionals in the field during the physical event on International Women’s Day and throughout the program facilitates valuable networking, potentially leading to mentorship and collaboration.
- Flexible Schedule: The program’s Saturday sessions are designed to accommodate participants’ existing commitments, making it feasible to enhance skills and knowledge without disrupting other responsibilities.
- Culmination on International Women’s Day: The physical event on International Women’s Day in Delhi provides a platform for participants to engage in meaningful discussions, share insights, and connect with esteemed experts and peers in the field.
- Comprehensive Learning Experience: The requirement to submit mandatory essays on relevant policy topics and present findings ensures a well-rounded and comprehensive learning experience, integrating theoretical knowledge with practical application.
- Effective Leadership Development: By equipping participants with knowledge, skills, and networking opportunities, the program empowers young women to become effective leaders who can shape developmental efforts for a more inclusive and equitable society.
- Public Policy Expertise: Participants gain specialized expertise in the field of public policy, enhancing their credibility and opening doors to impactful career opportunities.
- Positive Change Advocacy: Graduates of the program are better equipped to drive positive change in public policy by influencing decision-making processes and advocating for inclusive and equitable policies.
- Certificate: Upon successful completion of this program the participants will receive a certificate of completion acknowledging their efforts put into this learning endeavor.
- Publication Opportunity: An Opportunity to publish your essay on the IMPRI Insights Blog, which features articles from eminent people from around the globe.
Duration: January 06 – March 08, 2024
(Jan 06, Jan 13, Jan 20, Jan 27, Feb 03, Feb 10, Feb 17, Feb 24, March 03, March 08, 2024)
Total Sessions: 23 sessions (Including Inaugural and Valedictory Sessions)
Presentation Sessions: 2 interactive sessions for creative presentations
The fellowship comprises 5 Special lecture sessions by distinguished experts, 15 Technical lecture sessions conducted by subject matter experts and 3 Program sessions of short intervals interspersed through the program’s tenure.
Call for Essays
An essential quality for any emerging young leader is the skill to eloquently express their viewpoints on significant subjects. With this principle in mind, our program actively promotes participants to share their perspectives on thoughtfully selected topics following engaging discussions with experts.
The program includes dedicated sessions focused on writing research articles, selecting topics, and delivering presentations. As part of the fellowship the participants are expected to present their essays/articles, thus indulging in a healthy discussion.
These themes provide a comprehensive framework to explore the diverse topics related to women’s leadership, empowerment, and public policy.
- Leadership and Governance
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality
- Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment
- Health, Environment, and Social Impact
- Data, Technology, and Innovation
- Personal and Professional Development
Chair: Prof Vibhuti Patel, Visiting Distinguished Professor, IMPRI
Coordinator: Ms Priyanka Negi, Researcher, IMPRI
You might like IMPRI #WebPolicyTalk Series –
The State of Gender Equality – #GenderGaps | YouTube Playlist
Previous similar programs:
Feminist Foreign Policy in the Asia-Pacific Region | September 2023
Healthcare & Gender Equity: Emerging Dimensions, Policies, Impact & Way Forward | August 2023
Beyond Binaries: Understanding Sexual Identities and Queer Rights Issues in India | June 2023
FEMINISM: Fundamentals, Facets & Future | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning | February 2023
Reproductive and Conjugal Rights of Women in India | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning | December 2022
Feminist Foreign Policy: Praxis for a Peaceful and Gender Just World Order | IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning | September 2022
Registration Deadline Time - 12:00 AM